To be admitted to Glen Oaks College for any DIPLOMA or CERTIFICATE program you must:
- Be 18 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Attain an acceptable score on the Scholastic Level Exam (SLE).
As part of the admission procedure, you will need to:
- Complete and submit an Application Form.
- Submit an original high school diploma or GED.
- Submit official transcripts of high school and post-high school course work. (Transcripts from other countries must be translated into English and be officially certified).
- Attend a New Student Orientation.
- Complete, sign, and submit an Enrollment Agreement.
- Sign documents acknowledging receipt of disclosure forms as required by the California New Private Postsecondary & Vocational Education Reform Act of 2002, Articles 6
- Pay a Registration Fee of $75.00.
Location and Climate
Glen Oaks College is located an hour east of Los Angeles, just a short drive to Los Angeles, Hollywood, Disneyland, and all the beautiful sunny beaches of Southern California as well as its snowy mountain resorts. Riverside’s warm, sunny climate allows our students to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities year-round.
Admission to Glen Oaks College is Easy
First, review the guidelines for admission of international student below, then fill out a Glen Oaks College Application. Glen Oaks College is on a module system, which means that you can start a program every 6 weeks or so, depending on the program you choose.
To be admitted, students need to meet the following requirements:
Applicants to any of the Allied Health Diploma programs must:
1.Submit an application, along with a non-refundable fee of $75.
2.Submit proof of high school graduation or GED.
3.For applicants whose primary language is not English, you need to pass either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (score of 450 or higher on the paper based or score of 45 or higher on the Internet Based is required) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (score of 4.5 or higher is required).
4.Provide a bank statement indicating that you have a minimum of $20,000 to cover all of your expenses for one year while you are attending Glen Oaks College. This figure covers tuition, books, room and board, health insurance, transportation, and other personal expenses.
1. How do I know if I am an International Student?
You are considered an international applicant if you need a visa in order to reside and study in the United States. If you are a US citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee, you will be considered a domestic applicant even if you currently reside outside the US.
2. What are the costs of studying at GOC?
For International students (nonresident students) the estimated cost of studying at GOC is approximately $25,000 per year. The breakdown of costs is as follows:
|Application for Admission||$75 (non-refundable)|
|Medical Assistant Program
Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
Physical Therapy Aid
|Housing in the Community (Room & Board)||$9,000|
Fees are subject to change.
3. What scores are required on the TOEFL and IELTS if the native language and language of instruction is not English?
- TOEFL paper minimum score – 450
- TOEFL Internet-based minimum score – 45
- IELTS minimum score is – 4.5
Complete the Information Request form and submit it to us or call us now so that we can help you take the next step toward a rewarding career path.